Following are general Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about our application process:
Where do I go to apply for jobs with Huntington Ingalls?
To apply please visit www.huntingtoningalls.com/careers.
I had an account before and now I can’t seem to log in, why?
If you created your account before 2/29/12, you will have to create a new account as we are using a new applicant system.
I have forgotten my password, can you reset it?
We are unable to reset passwords and you will need to put in your username and use the “forgot password” link.
The “forgot your password?” link is not sending me an email to reset my password, why?
If you have tried to log in at least 3 times with no success, your account is now locked and the “forgot your password?” link will not work. You will need to wait 30 minutes, the system will unlock your account and you can put in your username and try the “forgot your password?” link at that time.
I would like to get my application status.
Please log into your account, click on “Job Submission Status” and there you will see where you stand in your application process.
What do the different job submission statuses mean?
- Application Submitted for Review – Your on-line submission has been received and an automated email response was sent. A Huntington Ingalls Representative will contact you directly if there is further interest.
- Under Consideration by Recruiter – A recruiter is reviewing or has reviewed your application/resume and may request additional information if needed.
- Under Consideration by Hiring Manager – Your application/resume has been forwarded to the Hiring Manager for review.
- Interview – The applicant has moved to the next step in the recruitment process, and one or more interviews have been scheduled.
- Interview Pending Feedback – An interview has been conducted, and a determination will be made as to whether or not to extend an offer.
- Offer Discussions – A recruiter is in discussions with the candidate regarding an offer of employment.
- Offer Accepted – An offer of employment to the position has been accepted by the applicant. Pre-employment processes are in progress (the applicant may be undergoing background investigation, drug screening, physical agility evaluation, medical processing, or other contingency processing).
- Pre-Employment Processing Complete – The applicant has completed all pre-employment requirements and is ready to hire.
- No longer under consideration – Your application is no longer under consideration for the position indicated. There may be other opportunities in the future, so please continue to view our openings and apply for positions for which you are qualified and in which you are interested.
- Hired – The applicant has been hired to the opening and will become an HII employee.
- Candidate Withdrew – The applicant voluntarily self-withdrew him/herself from consideration for the position.
I need access to Kenexa because I am a hiring manager or requisition creator, what do I need to do?
You will need to contact email@example.com and request access. You will be sent a form to fill out and will need to complete LX training online, if an NNS employee. System users at AMSEC or Ingalls should contact their Talent Acquisition representative for training.
May I please get contact information to a recruiter so that I may ask questions about career progression?
Unfortunately, due to the volume of calls and inquiries we are unable to give out HR contact information. Each position has minimum and preferred qualifications that should help you know if your experience makes you a good fit for that position.
When filling out my application the system freezes or gives me a blank screen, what can I do?
Our Careers site is internet based, and sometimes there can be connection problems – close your browser and try again.
I had to create a new account and now I do not see any of the jobs I previously applied to, how can I see them to check status?
If you have more than one username, you would need to login under each username to view your job submission statuses. If you remember your usernames, you can use the “forgot password” feature.
I forgot to add some things to my application, how can I go back and edit this information?
After submitting your application, unfortunately you are unable to go back and edit it. If you need to upload documents, you may log into your account and click on “Resume/CV Manager” and upload your documents there.
Who may I speak to about apprenticeships with Ingalls in Pascagoula, MS?
You may contact the Pascagoula employment line at 1-800-626-4541
I would like to withdraw my application from consideration for a position, how can I do that?
Please click here and indicate what requisition number and job title you would like to withdraw your application for.
Still Need Help?
Submit your question here.