COVID-19 Vaccine Availability For HII Corporate Employees
Jan. 15, 2021, 3:15 p.m.
Bill Ermatinger, HII’s executive vice president and chief human resources officer, sent a message to HII corporate employees. “I want to update you today on the availability of the COVID-19 vaccine, specifically for corporate employees working in the Newport News area. You may have already seen that Newport News Shipbuilding is categorized as ‘1B’ for the vaccine, which includes frontline essential workers.”
NNS Employees: Information Regarding COVID-19 Vaccine
Jan. 15, 2021, 9 a.m.
Jennifer Boykin, president of Newport News Shipbuilding, sent a message to employees with information regarding the COVID-19 vaccine. “As COVID-19 vaccination plans are being established across the nation and in our community, I want to update you on all that we are doing to provide vaccines to our workforce in a safe and efficient way.”
Screening Guidance for NNS Employees
Jan. 13, 2021, 11:45 a.m.
As COVID-19 cases across the country continue to rise, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has provided new guidance recommending that critical infrastructure employees conduct self-screenings prior to reporting to work and daily symptom assessments with their supervisors once at work. To align with this guidance, NNS provided screening information to employees.
Memo From Bill Ermatinger, Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer: COVID-19 Vaccine
Jan. 13, 2021, 10 a.m.
“I want to make you aware of the growing availability of the COVID-19 vaccine. While still adhering to health and safety precautions — such as staying 6 feet apart and wearing masks in public — the vaccine is another tool we can all use to help prevent the spread of this virus, and it has the opportunity to be a turning point for the company and the country.”
Newport News Shipbuilding Holiday Shutdown Reminders
Dec. 18, 2020, 5 p.m.
As Newport News Shipbuilding’s holiday shutdown approaches, the company provides reminders for employees regarding the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
CAG Update: Year-End Review of COVID-19 Impacts and NNS’ Response
Dec. 15, 2020, 2:45 p.m.
Newport News Shipbuilding’s Crisis Action Group (CAG) provided shipbuilders a COVID-19 update and emphasized the importance of staying vigilant over the holidays. The message included a year-end review of COVID-19 impacts and NNS’ response – and thanked shipbuilders for their ideas and feedback.
Update: New Remote Work Requirements for NNS Employees
Dec. 7, 2020, 2:30 p.m.
As a result of recent surges in COVID-19 cases across the country and region, employees who are currently working from home must continue to work remotely for the foreseeable future. In a letter to employees, Susan Jacobs, vice president of Human Resources and Administration, provided additional information about the requirements. “Minimizing our onsite workforce to the greatest extent possible provides another layer of protection to keep all of our employees and their families safe.”
Message From Bill Ermatinger to Corporate Employees: Holiday COVID-19 Safety
Nov. 17, 2020, 1 p.m.
We’ve made the difficult decision to prohibit all non-business, in-person gatherings at HII Corporate offices, whether they are to celebrate the holidays, recognize employees or a retirement. Hosting similar offsite gatherings is also strongly discouraged.
Guidance Regarding In-Person Gatherings at NNS
Nov. 10, 2020, 11:50 a.m.
Dru Branche, director of Environmental Health, Safety and Security, sent a message to employees with guidance regarding in-person gatherings at Newport News Shipbuilding ahead of the upcoming holidays. “We are committed to placing top priority on your health and safety,” she wrote. “With that in mind, we’ve made the difficult decision to prohibit all in-person gatherings at NNS, whether they are to celebrate the holidays, recognize employees or a retirement.”
How COVID-19 Spreads
Jan. 14: Mike Petters on the COVID-19 Vaccine
“Here’s an opportunity for us to actually do something for someone else. Let’s get the vaccine, not just for yourself and for your family and for your friends, but also get it for your team.” Watch the video | Read the transcript
- Dec. 7: Staying Safe During the Holidays | Read the transcript
- Dec. 7: COVID-19 Survivor’s Story
- Aug 28: Staying Safe While Celebrating Labor Day | Read the transcript
- Aug 11: Meet Dr. Vijay Subramanium | Read the transcript
- July 11: COVID-19 Survivor’s Story | Read the transcript
- June 19: Focus NNS: Coronavirus Discussion
- May 17: Cleaning Between Shifts at NNS | Read the transcript
- May 7: Message from Mike Petters | Read the transcript
- May 5: Temperature Screenings Begin at NNS | Read transcript
- April 29: Temperature Screenings at NNS: What to Expect | Read the FAQs | Read transcript
- April 22: PPE Efforts at Newport News Shipbuilding | Read transcript
- April 15: Mike Petters Discusses COVID-19, Supply Chains with CNBC
- April 13: Hand Sanitizer For Shipbuilders | Read transcript
- April 7: NNS Sail Loft Team Answering the Call | Read transcript
- April 5: Message From HII President and CEO Mike Petters | Read transcript
- April 3: Ask Andy Green – Powering through COVID-19 | Read transcript
- April 1: Focus NNS: Resources Available to Employees | Read transcript
- March 31: Ingalls Shipbuilding Daily Cleaning Report Gallery
- March 29: Message from HII President and CEO Mike Petters | Read transcript
- March 26: NNS Social Distancing Plans, Leave Options and Realities of a Shipyard Shutdown | Read transcript
- March 25: Message From Andy Green to Technical Solutions Employees | Read transcript
- March 22: Message from HII President and CEO Mike Petters | Read transcript
- March 22: Weekend Cleaning at Newport News Shipbuilding | Read transcript
- March 20: Message From Jennifer Boykin to NNS Workforce: “Our Work is Mission Essential” | Read transcript
- March 19: Sanitization Efforts at NNS | Read transcript
- March 16: NNS President and Medical Director Discuss Coronavirus Response | Read transcript
- March 16: Message from HII President and CEO Mike Petters | Read transcript
- Staying Safe During the Holiday Season Updated Dec. 7, 2020
- Working From Home: Router Security Tips Updated July 16, 2020
- COVID-19 Benefits Updates Updated May 21, 2020
- Mental Health Resources for Employees and Families Updated May 19, 2020
- Health Care Options For HII Employees and Families Updated May 5, 2020
- Avoiding 401(K) Scam Calls Updated April 29, 2020
- Family Activity Pack, courtesy of Mercer Updated April 23, 2020
- Cleaning Your Electronic Devices Updated March 25, 2020
- Avoiding Scams in Times of Pandemic Updated March 22, 2020
- COVID-19 FAQs Updated March 17, 2020
Division COVID-19 Company Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 Portal
- CDC: COVID-19 Disease Symptoms and Self-Checker
- CDC: Get Your Household Ready
- CDC: Protect Your Family
- CDC: Protect Your Home
- World Health Organization