Newport News Shipbuilding, located in Newport News, VA, is the sole designer, builder and refueler of U.S. Navy aircraft carriers and one of two providers of U.S. Navy submarines. With approximately $4 billion in revenues and more than 20,000 employees, we are the largest industrial employer in Virginia and the largest shipbuilding company in the United States. We are a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries.
To learn more about the day-to-day experience of a Newport News Shipbuilding employee, browse our weekly shipbuilder produced publication, Currents. Additionally, for the latest information on the company’s COVID-19 response, view our regularly updated resource page.
Featured Job Openings
We are currently hiring experienced cyber-security analysts, electrical engineers and software engineers. Apply to these positions using the links below or by searching our careers page, buildyourcareer.com.
Newport News Shipbuilding offers a comprehensive benefits package including competitive pay, employee discounts, health care and wellness programs, paid holidays, paid time off, peer rotation programs, savings plan options, relocation assistance, tuition reimbursement and more.
Life in Newport News
Newport News, VA is one of seven cities that make up the Hampton Roads metro area. With its rich history, vibrant arts & entertainment scene and close proximity to beaches, mountains and Washington, D.C., Newport News is a premiere place to live and work.
Newport News Highlights:
- City Center at Oyster Point (dining, entertainment, shopping)
- Christopher Newport University
- Mariners’ Museum & Park
- Newport News Park, the largest municipal park in VA
- Virginia Living Museum
Other Hampton Roads & Nearby Highlights:
- Busch Gardens (Williamsburg)
- Colonial Williamsburg (Williamsburg)
- Hampton University (Hampton)
- Historic Jamestown (Jamestown Island)
- First Landing State Park (Virginia Beach)
- Nauticus National Maritime Center (Norfolk)
- Norfolk State University (Norfolk)
- Old Dominion University (Norfolk)
- Sandy Bottom Nature Park (Hampton)
- Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center (Virginia Beach, VA)
- Virginia Zoo (Norfolk)
- Waterside District (Norfolk)
- Yorktown Beach (Yorktown)